Get More From Your Travel With A Learning Tour!
Educational Tours are growing in popularity at an astounding rate! Society’s need for global connectivity and deeper meaning has intrepid travelers wanting more than a regular ‘vacation’ can offer.
Its not surprising then that Learning Tours are the latest trend in travel, as many tourists begin to choose Education-Based Trips Abroad for a far more fulfilling experience. But what is a ‘Learning Tour’, and why choose one over regular travel?
Education-Based Travel is any sort of trip to a foreign destination in which the intrepid traveler (that’s you right!?) also takes part in activities designed specifically to educate him or her about the history, language, culture, or any one of a number of intriguing facets of their chosen destination.
A Learning Tour or any opportunity to Study Abroad can include learning about one of the following subjects for any specific destination:
- Animals and Wildlife
- Culture and History
- Food, Wine, and Cooking
- Health and Well-being
- Healthcare and Medical Practices
- Language Immersion
- Science and Technology
When people think about Studying Abroad, they tend to think that it is something reserved for students, or just for people that want to become fluent in another language perhaps…Definitely not! A Learning Tour is open to everyone (yes everyone!) and it is so much more than just taking language classes!
It really all comes down to what you want to get out of your travel experience. Do you want to spend money travelling across the globe just to see some sites? Or do you want to take back more from your trip than just pictures? Thanks to the team at Worldaway Learning Tours, the possibilities are endless, so don’t be afraid to open your mind up to the numerous opportunities and benefits of Education-based Travel!
The Benefits of a Learning Tour
Expand your thinking by Studying Abroad as you Experience Unforgettable Moments, Sights, and Lessons
Educational Tours are a very unique opportunity to learn a culture, subject, or language in a country where there is real, first-hand knowledge that cannot be learned and experienced in a textbook.
Those two words say it all: LEARN and EXPERIENCE.
Now certainly, you can learn from a professor and memorize facts out of a textbook.
But what would you rather do:
- Read about the Incas, or feel the stones that make up the wonders of Machu Picchu under your fingertips?
- Learn French from an audiobook or receive professional language classes that involve exploring the villages of Normandy and conversing with the natives?
- Watch a video on environmental conservation or take a trip to the Galapagos and see the rare birds and mammals from arm’s length away?
- Read about the history of the Franciscan Order or tour the Church where the order took root?
You see my point.
In addition, a Learning Tour can also provide the following benefits:
- Take in beautiful scenery
- Walk the grounds of Historical Significance
- See rare wildlife right before your eyes
- Explore unique science and technology in the flesh
- Visit exotic locations and don’t just look, LEARN
- Experience things you never have
- Broaden your perspectives to different ways of life
- Meet people you’d never have a chance to meet under any other circumstances
- Learn a new language from Native Professionals
- Utilize one of your secondary languages and become fluent
- Force yourself to step out of your English language comfort zone!
- Learn the history of a place or a people from their origin city or country!
- Talk to the people who lived the history or represent the culture
- Tour the monuments and landmarks!
You see what I mean?
What other vacation gives you these opportunities?
An Educational Tour is seriously one of the most unforgettable and valuable trips you can ever take part in.
It’s also one of the best investments you’ll ever make: an investment in yourself!
Learning Tours: Don’t Just Visit a Country, Experience It!
Educational Tours take you deeper into a destination and leave you feeling more fulfilled when it’s over.
Let me ask you this:
What would you do on a regular vacation? See some sights, go to some restaurants that might be good? Try to find a tour guide or a translation book to help you get around?
You can DO BETTER THAN THAT.
Educational Tours typically come with itineraries completely laid out in advance.
You know, for example…
Day 1: Private Language Classes in the Morning Followed by a cooking class at lunch, with local village immersion time in the evening….
Day 2: Day Trip to the Temple of an ancient civilization…
Day 3: Explore the coastline of an island with a tour guide who knows the true native history in and out before spending the evening on a Coffee Tour of an exotic city….
How much better does that sound than waking up in a foreign country and trying to figure how to get the most out of your trip on your own?
And that’s just three days’ worth of fun! Many popular learning tours can last anywhere from 10 to 28 days and, no matter how long you can stay, will surely change the way you look at the world around you and leave you with an experience you won’t ever forget.
If you want to book a tour for yourself, or simply check them out in more depth, Worldaway Learning Tours has a TON of fun, educational, and exotic trips and destinations available.
Whether it’s Quito and the Galapagos, Cooking like a True Frenchmen, trekking to Machu Picchu, or immersing yourself in the wonders of the Amazon Rainforest, Worldaway has an Educational Tour for everyone.
Join the fun of this fulfilling travel trend and start your learning adventure today!